Monday, July 6, 2009
Using twitter
Having just gone back to twitter and tried with fresh eyes, I just can't seem to connect with this form of communication. I guess if I wanted to be in that space, texting is more immediate and gives me what I want. Mmmm - guess that means I like extended conversatiosn not brief ones! Thinking about how you might build that initial world of "twitterers" around you is an interesting journey - it feels very purposeful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The first time I tried Twitter it left me completely cold. The second time I tried, I had a few connections so it was easier and now I've got a lot more connections, many of whom I don't connect with in any other ways. It's still not my favourite method but it's got its uses for me.
ReplyDeleteThe difference I see between twitter and texting is that usually when you text it's just to one person - when you post to twitter, everyone following you sees and can answer.
Trying to compress ideas into 140 characters is its own kind of challenge of course. :-)
I think you are probably right - that it is a case of persevering for longer. I will go back to it, but for the moment I'll head off and play with some other new toools and toys!
ReplyDelete